Quilters' Guild of East Texas © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Last updated: 10 August 2017
Karen Walters, Robin Kinley, Tana Doss, Teri Bamert
Quilters' Guild of East Texas
Thank you for your patience while updates are being made to your website.
This is a new Charity Quilt opportunity for the Guild. It is not in place of any other charity quilts that are being made, but an addition to make it easier for members to participate in making Charity Quilts. The hours reported for making these quilts will be given to Jerriann Massey and tallied with all other charity hours.
These quilts will be donated to organizations that serve women and children in crisis. If you have a suggestion please let us know.
At the August Guild meeting we will be at a table in the Foyer with Quilt Kits for you to check out.
· Kits will contain a pattern and fabric to make the quilt tops.
· We would like you to donate the backing and batting if possible and try quilting the quilt yourself. If you cannot, bring the top back within two months to a Guild meeting and we will see that it is done.
· If you need backing and batting when you pick up a kit, let us know and we will make some available for you.
We will also be accepting fabric and batting donations beginning at the August Guild meeting.
· We accept yardage, pre-cuts and large scraps. (nothing smaller than a fat quarter)
· Downsize your stash – has that fabric sat there forever?
· Think of Cuddle Quilts when you shop – found a great sale lately?
· We will take large batting pieces that can be sewn together. But if you find a great sale………..
We would like to compile a list of Guild members who would help with quilting the tops if it comes back to us unquilted.
If you are not up to making a quilt, would you consider sewing binding? Please let us know.
Kit Parties –Watch the newsletter and social media sites for announcements about kit parties.