QUILTS OF VALOR
Karen Walters, Robin Kinley, Tana Doss, Teri Bamert
Did you know the Guild awards a free membership to whoever sells the most raffle tickets? That's a $25 value! If you need more tickets, Sharon Moses will stay after guild so you can get them. We want to give a nice donation to our charity this year, so let's all do what we can!
Quilters' Guild of East Texas
Quilters' Guild of East Texas © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Last updated: 11 February 2018
This is a new Charity Quilt opportunity for the Guild. It is not in place of any other charity quilts that are being made, but an addition to make it easier for members to participate in making Charity Quilts. The hours reported for making these quilts will be given to Jerriann Massey and tallied with all other charity hours.
These quilts will be donated to organizations that serve women and children in crisis. If you have a suggestion please let us know.
· Kits will contain a pattern and fabric to make the quilt tops.
· We would like you to donate the backing and batting if possible and try quilting the quilt yourself. If you cannot, bring the top back within two months to a Guild meeting and we will see that it is done.
· If you need backing and batting when you pick up a kit, let us know and we will make some available for you.
We will also be accepting fabric and batting donations.
· We accept yardage, pre-cuts and large scraps. (nothing smaller than a fat quarter)
· Downsize your stash – has that fabric sat there forever?
· Think of Cuddle Quilts when you shop – found a great sale lately?
· We will take large batting pieces that can be sewn together. But if you find a great sale………..
We would like to compile a list of Guild members who would help with quilting the tops if it comes back to us unquilted. If you are not up to making a quilt, would you consider sewing binding? Please let us know.
Kit Parties –Watch the newsletter and social media sites for announcements about kit parties.