I want to thank the Quilt Guild on behalf of all the children who received a quilt at Royal Family Kids Camp this summer! The photo shows some of the children and their quilts. We are not allowed to show their faces, but believe me, they were smiling! I wish I could have gotten a photo of ALL the children that received a quilt, but we don’t force them to pose for a photo. The love that you all have shown to these wounded small ones fills my heart so full it spills out my eyes. Thank you just doesn’t seem enough. There are over a hundred RFKC camps happening over the summer all over the country. Ours is the only one that I know about, that each child gets to take a quilt made especially for them home. We are blessed beyond measure. Angie Self
This is a new Charity Quilt opportunity for the Guild. It is not in place of any other charity quilts that are being made, but an addition to make it easier for members to participate in making Charity Quilts. The hours reported for making these quilts will be given to Jerriann Massey and tallied with all other charity hours.
These quilts will be donated to organizations that serve women and children in crisis. If you have a suggestion please let us know.
· Kits will contain a pattern and fabric to make the quilt tops.
· We would like you to donate the backing and batting if possible and try quilting the quilt yourself. If you cannot, bring the top back within two months to a Guild meeting and we will see that it is done.
· If you need backing and batting when you pick up a kit, let us know and we will make some available for you.
We will also be accepting fabric and batting donations.
· We accept yardage, pre-cuts and large scraps. (nothing smaller than a fat quarter)
· Downsize your stash – has that fabric sat there forever?
· Think of Cuddle Quilts when you shop – found a great sale lately?
· We will take large batting pieces that can be sewn together. But if you find a great sale………..
We would like to compile a list of Guild members who would help with quilting the tops if it comes back to us unquilted. If you are not up to making a quilt, would you consider sewing binding? Please let us know.
Kit Parties –Watch the newsletter and social media sites for announcements about kit parties.
Quilters' Guild of East Texas
Like us on Facebook and Share our posts!
Last Updated 31 December 2020
Follow us on Instagram #qget
QUILTS OF VALOR