QUILTS OF VALOR
This is a new Charity Quilt opportunity for the Guild. It is not in place of any other charity quilts that are being made, but an addition to make it easier for members to participate in making Charity Quilts. The hours reported for making these quilts will be given to Jerriann Massey and tallied with all other charity hours.
These quilts will be donated to organizations that serve women and children in crisis. If you have a suggestion please let us know.
· Kits will contain a pattern and fabric to make the quilt tops.
· We would like you to donate the backing and batting if possible and try quilting the quilt yourself. If you cannot, bring the top back within two months to a Guild meeting and we will see that it is done.
· If you need backing and batting when you pick up a kit, let us know and we will make some available for you.
We will also be accepting fabric and batting donations.
· We accept yardage, pre-cuts and large scraps. (nothing smaller than a fat quarter)
· Downsize your stash – has that fabric sat there forever?
· Think of Cuddle Quilts when you shop – found a great sale lately?
· We will take large batting pieces that can be sewn together. But if you find a great sale………..
We would like to compile a list of Guild members who would help with quilting the tops if it comes back to us unquilted. If you are not up to making a quilt, would you consider sewing binding? Please let us know.
Kit Parties –Watch the newsletter and social media sites for announcements about kit parties.
Quilters' Guild of East Texas
Quilters' Guild of East Texas © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Last updated: 6 June 2019
Contact Nancy Kemp for QOV
From August through December 31, 2017, there were 321 community service hours reported from the making of Cuddle Quilts. There were 351 hours reported from January 1, 2018 through June 14, 2018. Twenty-six quilts were given to Royal Family KIDS Camp. We have several completed quilts and three quilts that need to be quilte, for future giving.
During the summer months we will hand out kits appropriate for young adults to adults. We hope to have many ready to give in the Fall to another charity. We hope to contribute to a women’s shelter. In September, we will begin making quilts for the Salvation Army to give at Christmas.
We thank you for your generous giving of time, fabric and money.
The Cuddle Quilt Committee Karen Walters, Robin Kinley, Tana Doss, Teri Bamert, Susie Brusie
Membership dues for the period of March until the end of August just $10!
Follow us on Instagram #qget